Call for Proposals
The PLA 2020 Conference will be an intentionally inclusive convening that highlights innovative work and ideas that address the core challenges facing public libraries and their communities today. We are seeking proposals for educational sessions that align with this emphasis and with PLA’s Guidelines on Core Values and Conference Sites, particularly the following aspirations and intentions:
- Through its conferences, PLA provides high quality education opportunities and seeks to educate and share with host communities our core values and principles;
- PLA conferences have been and will be inclusive as public libraries are community conveners on equity, inclusion, and diversity;
- An intended outcome of our conference will be to raise awareness and ultimately, to impact changes to policies and law that are discriminatory. PLA will use our presence to educate and inspire action.
Although the calls for proposals for programs and preconferences have passed, it’s not too late…
We’re now accepting proposals for five-minute lightning-fast presentation for our popular Spark Talks, to ignite new ideas in your public library colleagues! Proposals are due by 11:59 PM Central on November 13, 2019, and selections will be announced on December 13, 2019. Please contact Nellie Barrett at email@example.com with any questions.
Spark Talks are two evenings of up-to-the minute, fast moving talks on the latest and greatest ideas from your public library colleagues. Come be surprised, inspired, and energized!
Ready to start your Spark Talks proposal? Go to the online proposal form.
A Note on Speaking at PLA 2020
PLA seeks proposals and speakers representing a wide range of diversity, with a commitment to representation of groups that have been historically marginalized or excluded due to race, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, ability, economic background, and age. PLA 2020 speakers will be expected to:
- Register for and attend the conference; and
- Respond to PLA requests for information in a timely manner.
Questions? Contact Angela Maycock, PLA Manager of Continuing Education, at firstname.lastname@example.org.