Call for Proposals
Want to be a part of PLA’s renowned educational programming? Submit a proposal and share your idea for a preconference or program! The deadline for submitting proposals is June 21, 2021 at 11:59 PM Eastern.
Before diving in, we encourage you to preview the proposal form and check out our recommendations for developing a great proposal.
Ready to start your proposal? Go to the online proposal form.
A Note on Session Formats
- Preconferences are in-depth educational sessions for 50-100 attendees. They can be a half-day or full-day in length. Preconferences typically require an additional registration fee for attendees.
- Programs are 60-minute sessions that can follow the format of a panel presentation, case study presentation, peer sharing discussion, or skill building workshop. Attendance can vary from 50 to 500 people.
A Note on Speaking at PLA 2022
PLA seeks proposals and speakers representing a wide range of diversity, with a commitment to representation of groups that have been historically marginalized or excluded due to race, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, ability, economic background, and age. We also offer support in completing the proposal form and coaching/mentoring for first-time presenters. Visit the recommendations page to learn more about these opportunities.
PLA 2022 speakers will be expected to:
- Register for and attend the conference;
- Respond to PLA requests for information in a timely manner; and
- Submit session handouts electronically prior to conference.
Questions? Contact Angela Maycock, PLA Manager of Continuing Education, at email@example.com.