PLA 2022 Conference COVID-19 Requirements, Safety Measures, and Travel Information
The Public Library Association’s priority in all meetings and events decisions is the safety and welfare of our attendees, exhibitors, partners, and team. PLA will implement and follow all current recommendations and requirements related to COVID-19 from the CDC, State of Oregon, Metro, Multnomah County, and the Oregon Convention Center (OCC) for the PLA 2022 Conference. PLA is continuously monitoring news and science around COVID-19 and its variants and will update plans and protocols as needed. Bookmark this page for the most current information.
To enter the OCC and participate in the PLA 2022 Conference, you must:
- Show proof of either full vaccination or a negative COVID-19 PCR or Rapid test result within 72 hours of the first day of the event.
- This rule is mandated by the OCC. Once proof has been provided, you will not need to verify your status again. Details about how and where to show proof will be shared closer to the event. For a list of acceptable vaccines and full vaccination requirements, visit the CDC website.
- Wear a mask that covers your nose and mouth while indoors.
- This rule is mandated by the state of Oregon and there will be safety ambassadors enforcing this rule throughout the OCC. Disposable masks will be available at no cost.
Before traveling to Portland, PLA strongly encourages you to:
- Get fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including a booster shot.
- Get the flu shot.
- Test for COVID-19 prior to traveling and 24-hours after arrival (regardless of vaccination status).
- If you need a last-minute test, the OCC has partnered with Curative, an essential health services provider, to offer both PCR and rapid antigen COVID-19 testing available via a mobile testing van conveniently located outside the OCC (location TBA), at no cost. For more information about tests, appointments, and service hours, visit the OCC’s Testing Site page.
Convention Center Safety Measures
- PLA will be the only event happening at the OCC during the week of March 21, 2022.
- PLA is providing the same amount of programming and events as a typical PLA Conference but anticipating around half the number of attendees. This means more space for attendees in program rooms, auditoriums, the Exhibits Hall, and hallways and communal spaces.
- Socially-distanced seating will be in place wherever possible.
- The OCC is an accredited GBAC STAR Facility. This accreditation means that a facility has:
- Established and maintained a cleaning, disinfection, and infectious disease prevention program to minimize risks associated with infectious agents like the novel coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2).
- The proper cleaning protocols, disinfection techniques, and work practices in place to combat biohazards and infectious disease.
- Highly informed cleaning professionals who are trained for outbreak and infectious disease preparation and response.
- Attendees can expect available hand sanitizing stations throughout the venue, as well as more frequent and enhanced cleaning efforts throughout the convention center, especially in “high-use areas,” including high-traffic areas, high-touch surfaces (e.g., door handles), commonly used devices and equipment by guests (mobility scooters, wheelchairs, self-service business center, Mamava Pods, ATM’s, parking pay stations), and shared equipment/spaces (e.g., printers, elevators).
- Visit the OCC’s COVID-19 Information page for the most up-to-date information about its safety measures.
Before You Travel
Have you completed a self-assessment and are you symptom-free? Use the CDC to help self-assess symptoms, make decisions, and seek appropriate medical care. Check your flight and travel arrangements. Be mindful of current travel restrictions in place to and from your destination, as well as selected airline policies.
Ride Share Information
TriMet – MAX Light Rail, WES Commuter Rail, Bus
Still to come.
General COVID-19 Information
Due to the changing nature of the pandemic, attendance requirements may change prior to the event. PLA is committed to alerting all attendees of any changes, but please continue to visit this page for the latest information. Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This page was last updated on January 11, 2022.