Get a head start on learning; attend a preconference on Tuesday, April 5, or Wednesday, April 6, before the full conference opens. Preconferences offer in-depth education for public library administrators, managers, and staff. Each preconference requires a separate registration. Click on each title for more information.
Tuesday, April 5
9:00 AM–5:00 PM
- Community Publishing at Your Public Library
- Designed for Experience: Reimaging Spaces and Services
- So You Want to Be a Director?
- Stepping Up to Extraordinary: Using Core Values to Inform Public Library Leadership
- Think, Do, Show: Practical Techniques for Analyzing, Using, and Visualizing Data to Improve Practice and Demonstrate Impact
All full day preconferences include lunch.
- Keeping Peace in the Library: Best Practices for Providing Service to Patrons Experiencing Homelessness
- Powerful Summers: Library-Community-School Partnerships
- Teach Adults Anything and Do It Right
Wednesday, April 6
9:00 AM–12:00 PM
- Emerging Adults in Our Libraries: Who are They and How Do We Find Them?
- Every Child Ready to Read: The Spirit of Collaboration
- Practical Community Engagement
9:00 AM–1:00 PM
- Project Outcome Enrollment Workshop: Simple Tools to Measure our True Impact on the People We Serve
— This preconference is free, but interested libraries must apply and be accepted to participate.
|Type||Half Day||Full Day|
|PLA Personal Members
CAL Personal Members
|ALA Personal Members||$205||$305|